Sciatica and Radiculopathy
Figure: MRI showing a patient with a slipped disc in the low back with sciatica
Sciatica and radiculopathy most commonly occurs when nerve roots in the spinal canal are compressed or “squeezed”. As an experienced orthopaedic surgeon and spine specialist in Singapore, Dr Mash is well trained in treating them & has helped numerous patients overcome both Sciatica and Radiculopathy.
Symptoms of nerve compression:
- Pain, tingling, or numbness going down the arms or legs
- Weakness of the arms, hands or legs
- Associated neck or back pain
- Bladder or bowel changes if there is severe compression of nerves to the bladder or bowel
These symptoms usually occur on one side of the body, and can range from mild to severe in intensity. If you face any of these symptoms, it is important that you make an appointment with Dr Mash for an in-depth examination for the root cause.
- Neck or Low back strain
- Annular tear
- Slipped disc
- Pars fracture or spondylolysis
Types of treatments:
- Anti-inflammatory medication & muscle relaxants
- Keyhole, minimally-invasive surgery
- Artificial disc replacement
- Spinal fusion (ACDF/ TLIF)
As an orthopaedic surgeon and spine specialist in Singapore, Dr Mash is dedicated to treating spinal conditions and associated orthopaedic problems that may be linked to the spine to restore the function and movement of the body.